If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (214) 361-7887

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Call Our Team When Your Dallas Business Experiences Significant Fire Damage

2/4/2019 (Permalink)

Commercial Call Our Team When Your Dallas Business Experiences Significant Fire Damage Unfortunately, if misused, microwaves can start fires, which is why all employees must be aware of how to safely use these handy devices.

Commercial Fire Damage Restoration For Your Dallas Business

A microwave is a must-have appliance in your office building break room in Dallas. When you are away from home and do not have much time to eat lunch before getting back to the grind, it is an easy way to heat a meal, so you aren’t always stuck with cold sandwiches. Unfortunately, if misused, microwaves can start fires, which is why all employees must be aware of how to safely use these handy devices.

Commercial fire damage in your Dallas office building from a microwave is a frightening experience for everyone. Getting your break room cleaned up and back in its usual working order is something you’ll want to be done quickly, so hiring a professional remediation company is a must. SERVPRO can come to your rescue any time you have a fire damage emergency, and we are equipped with the experience and advanced equipment needed to get the job done quickly and efficiently.

Everyone should only be using containers in the microwave that are labeled as microwave safe. Anything made of metal, plates with metallic rims, travel cups, and aluminum foil are all off-limits. Even Chinese take out containers with the metal handles should never be used in the microwave. All of these items can start a fire inside the appliance for the intensity of the heat.

Paper products should also never be used. Lunch bags, napkins, newspapers, plastic bags, and newspapers are not safe to use in the microwave. The heat causes the paper materials to burn and let out toxic fumes, plus start a fire inside your microwave.

Many plastic storage containers are unable to be microwaved as well. They are an easy target for fire and can easily melt when they are heating. You must make sure that the containers you use to reheat specifically say that they are safe to use in microwaves, otherwise, steer clear of using them for reheating your food up quickly at work.

Do not use the microwave without anything inside of it. Many people use it for an easy timer, but this is unsafe and can also start a fire. The oven needs something which absorbs the energy it is putting out, so when there is nothing there, the microwave absorbs its own energy, causing it to self-destruct and catch on fire.

Lastly, do not leave the microwave unattended while in use, and never try fixing it yourself. If you try to fix it yourself and make a mistake, there is a high chance of the oven breaking down and catching on fire. SERVPRO of Northwest Dallas can come restore your office building in Preston Hollow, Dallas, or Northwest Dallas after a microwave fire. When the fire is out, call us at (214) 361-7887 so we can get to you and clean up the mess before more damage can be done by the settled smoke and soot.

Click here for more about Dallas.

Other News

View Recent Posts