How Does Drying Science Influence Home Restoration?
SERVPRO Technicians Use Their Experience to Facilitate Water Damage Restoration for Your Dallas Home.
A successful restoration project in Dallas consists of careful planning and execution. Otherwise, you may face more damages. Often homeowners do not consider the importance of adequate drying processes and want to jump directly into repairs. However, drying is a critical step after a water leak. Without adequately drying your home, repairs may not be as effective.
What Conditions Can Technicians Control?
SERVPRO Technicians Work to Facilitate Evaporation and Control Humidity
Our IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) technicians who complete your water damage restoration project in Dallas understand the importance of controlling the drying conditions. Some of the essential factors they take into account are humidity, evaporation levels, and temperature. Without having those things in check, the restoration process can take longer and fail to mitigate secondary damage.
How Does Humidity and Temperature Impact Drying?
- High humidity makes materials dry slowly.
- Low humidity helps materials dry quickly.
- For optimal drying, technicians keep humidity levels below 60%.
- Warm air can hold more water vapor than cooler air, making it take longer to dry.
How Do Technicians Control Humidity and Temperature?
- The home's HVAC system or portable heating and air conditioning system can help regulate the home's temperature for optimal drying conditions.
- Dehumidifiers pull excess moisture from out of the air to help lower humidity levels.
- Appropriate ventilation assists in lowering humidity levels.
Our technicians understand the importance of drying science and how it can impact your home restoration progress. They also apply their understanding of psychrometrics, the study of air, to their restoration work. They measure vapor pressure properties, the dew point, temperature before deciding how the humidity and temperature impact during your home.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Northwest Dallas at (214) 361-7887. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.