Can Professionals Save Hardwood Floors by Performing Water Damage Restoration in Dallas?
The proper training and equipment support SERVPRO technicians mitigating and remediating water damaged hardwood floors in Dallas
Burst pipes, appliance malfunction, clogged AC condensation drains, or overflowing sinks can cause Dallas water damage. Restoration of hardwood floors saturated with water is one of our specialties, and the earlier the homeowner calls, the more successful the result.
Are Hardwood Floors in Dallas Durable Enough to Withstand a Soaking?
You might be hard-pressed to see any trace of water on the floor's surface shortly after the pipes rupture or ceilings leak. Don't let water damage in Dallas trick you.Hardwood floors seem to shed the fluids. However, SERVPRO IICRC-trained technicians know that water drains and migrates through the joints between the planks, putting other structural components at risk of permanent primary or secondary damage.
What Are Signs of Dallas Hardwood Floor Damage?
The wet substrate provides constant moisture, wicking into unfinished bottoms and edges of the hardwood strips and planks. They swell, pushing up on the hardwood. Thus begins the distortion of the top, visible layer, secondary to the original water event. As hardwood absorbs the water, the following is possible:
- Cupping -- edges of hardwood lengths push up, dropping the center of each plank or strip to resemble a cross-section of a cup
- Crowning -- hardwood pieces swell up in the center
- Buckling -- damage severe enough to disengage the hardwood from the subfloor
What SERVPRO Emergency Services Provide Water Damage Remediation for Hardwood Floors?
- Reducing the relative humidity to 30% to 45%
- Increasing room temperature to increase evaporation
- Positioning air movers, directing air floor under and over the hardwood
- Using floor mats adhered to the hardwood, connected to negative pressure extractors, pulling moisture through several layers via hoses
- Perforating floor finishes acting as a vapor barrier with a pin roller (only if needed)
- Drying the floor from the story beneath, removing ceiling tiles for better flow
Do not give up before consulting SERVPRO of Northwest Dallas at (214) 361-7887 about water-damaged hardwood floors. We have the tools and training to restore the flooring to preloss condition.